Thursday 22 December 2011

Beth Re-reads A Song of Ice and Fire

I was very, very late jumping on this bandwagon. I have no excuses and many regrets, but I couldn't be happier to finally be a part of this club.

Even though I powered through the series in about 6 weeks, after finishing ADWD this afternoon I feel compelled to go back to the beginning and do it all again. Part of this is due to the realisation I had when browsing this forum that I really don't remember a whole lot of what I just read; there's just so many details. And the details are what really made this series for me (~controversy~: AFFC and ADWD combined may actually be my favourite book), so I really need to take the opportunity to soak up as much as I can over the Christmas break*.

I decided I may as well take some notes along the way so I don't have to do another massive re-read when (if?) The Winds of Winter is released, and the next logical step was to share it with the internetz. I'll try to get a couple of chapters done every day, at least at first, so I can finish AGOT before Beth Goes To London!

-B

*Check out my holiday-themed ACOK profile pic. I am clearly a photoediting genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment